Carrots have a reputation for giving better eyes. But did you know about the vegetable’s other health benefits? It can fight cancer and even give you strong bones.
Carrots are not only tasty but also help you get healthy. It also help to improve your eyesight power. Not only has that it also benefited the hair and skin that most of people want to keep healthy and attractive.
That is why including the juice of carrot in your daily diet can be very effective to your whole health. Here are some of the properties of the carrot that can benefit your health.
- Carrot’s juice contain beta carotene, vitamins and potassium. So it helps to make your nervous system stronger and healthier. And the vitamin A which is found very abundant amount in it can help in improving the eyes sight power keeping the eye related problem away and also prevent from heart related problem when taken daily.
- The potassium present in carrot can help to lower the cholesterol level in the body. It also keep the liver healthy. The potassium, manganese and magnesium found in it together help to keep the sugar level of the body in balance level. So it reduce the risk of having diabetes.
- Vitamin K in carrot help in blood clotting when very there is bleeding because of any wounds or cuts and prevent from excessive bleeding. And the vitamin c present in help to cure the wounds or cuts along with benefits the gum too.
- The juice of the cancer has the properties of fighting against the cancer. It has special component in it called carotenoid which helps to fight against prostate, colon and breast cancer.
- The carrot’s juice helps to fulfil the requirement of the protein in the body and also provides enough amount of calcium which strengthens skeleton system of the body.
- It helps to keep the liver clean and help to remove the toxic substance produced inside the body. Also it make the liver stronger and also improve it working ability.
- During pregnancy carrot manage to benefit the foetus in a special way. It bring improvement in the health if both the child and the mother. It also improves the quality of milk in mother. Also carrots help to prevent the growing foetus from possible infections.
- Including carrot in your diet can benefit you in losing your weight as it have very low calorie in it. The juice of carrot due to its low calorie is very healthy drinks.
Juicing With Carrots
A carrot is a vegetable with many health benefits, as you have read above. The best way to effectively consume it is by having it in the form of a juice, preferably with other vegetables for taste and more nutrients. Here are 3 great carrot juice recipes you must try!
1. Cleansing Carrot Juice
Ingredients (For 1 Large Glass):
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Carrots
- 2 big handfuls of Kale
- 1/2 a Lemon
- A knob of Ginger about an inch long
- Optional: 1 Cucumber
Start by slicing the oranges in half, then cut off their skin – both the orange and the inner white layers.
Then put everything through the juicer – you’ll get more goodness from the kale if you juice it at the same time as the oranges or carrots as they’re so juicy!
Sip, cleanse and enjoy!
2. Cosy Winter Carrot Juice
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 6 carrots
- 1-inch piece fresh turmeric or ¼ to ½ teaspoon dried
- 1-inch piece ginger
- ½ lemon, peeled (optional to alkalize and lift the flavors)
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon dried cinnamon
Put the ingredients through your juicer alternating the carrots with the turmeric and ginger (to get the most juice out of them) and then drink pulped or strain with a fine mesh sieve.
Stir through the cinnamon, and dilute with water if desired.
3. The Classic Carrot Apple
- 5 Carrots
- 2 Apples
Core the apples and juice the carrots. Serve immediately.
Carrots are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. Be sure to supplement your diet with other vegetables too to maximise your health.